You are here
Foundations of Early Childhood Development: It’s All About Relationships
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
- What do librarians need to know about the developmental processes of very young children?
- How can we interact with family members in a supportive and constructive manner when these processes enter our settings?
This webinar will orient participants to the Touchpoints approach to child development. The discussion will include identifying the themes of development that operate when parents of infants, toddlers and preschoolers bring their children to libraries. We will also examine how libraries can respond to families by focusing on parent-child relationships, and supporting parental mastery.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Recognize developmental themes of:
- Support parent-child relationships
- Support parental mastery
This webinar will be of interest to library staff who interact with families of young children.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Model of Development pdf [149kb]
Keywords: Children's services