You are here
STEM and STEAM Programming for Teens in Libraries
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Karen Jensen, MLS
- Want to know more about the benefits of STEM programming?
- Curious to know how STEAM programming is different from STEM programming?
- Want to hear about some basic STEM and STEAM programs that you can do with teens in your library?
Join us for STEM and STEAM Programming for Teens in Libraries where will discuss the basic concepts behind both STEM and STEAM programming. We’ll also discuss the benefits for both libraries and the teens they serve. We’ll also provide you with some basic program starting points for STEAM programs that involve art, music and/or books.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Identify the elements and benefits of STEM programming for both teens and libraries
- Identify the benefits of adding art to STEM programming to create what is referred to as STEAM programming for both teens and libraries
- Learn some basic starting points for STEM/STEAM programming that includes art, music and nontraditional book discussion techniques
This webinar will be of interest to library staff working with tweens and teens that want to provide quality STEM/STEAM programming and understand the changing demands of 21st century educational goals.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Teen services