You are here
Teen Learning Labs
An Infopeople Webinar
NOTE: The archive recording for this event is not available currently.
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Corey Wittig
- Curious about the benefits of community-based informal learning in the library?
- Want to find some of the best equipment and software for programming at your library?
- Want to learn more about staffing and professional development strategies for library learning labs?
Be sure to join us for Teen Learning Labs where we'll discuss the background, basics, and benefits of user-directed, project-based programming. You'll hear about successful examples of this programming in libraries across the U.S.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the prominent themes and core concepts behind library Learning Labs
- Explain the library's place as a natural site for community-based informal education
- Identify libraries of all sizes with successful Learning Labs
- Design strategies for including patron interest in making and learning
- List the best equipment and software used in Library Learning labs
- Identify staffing and professional development strategies
- Identify ways of tracking learning outcomes
This webinar will be of interest to: Public library staff interested in expanding programs and services to include informal learning opportunities for staff and library users. It will be of particular interest to teen services staff.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Programming, Staff development, Technology, Teen services