You are here
Emerging Tech Trends in the Library – Part 9
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Laura Solomon
With so much new technology coming at us so fast, it can be difficult to keep up. As part of the Emerging Tech Trends series, presenter Laura Solomon continues the exploration into emerging technology trends, and how these trends might (or might not) re-shape library services.
Topics for this webinar include:
- Facial recognition (Current uses and issues, how it might affect libraries)
- Mixed reality (Real-life applications and potential issues)
- Smart spaces (What are they, actual examples)
- Implanted wearables (Current applications and likely issues)
Remember, we can't track everything, but we can pick out some patterns in what's currently happening around us. At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be familiar with 2 or more emerging technology trends in at least 3 different categories
- Be aware of how some emerging technologies may affect libraries
- Learn some specific areas of emerging technology where libraries should likely focus their efforts
Facial recognition has gone more mainstream than you might have realized. Please take a few minutes to watch a very short piece from The Economist that will prepare you for the discussion about facial recognition during the webinar and its associated issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT_PXjLol_8
This webinar will be of interest to: Library staff interested in technology trends and applications.
Emerging Tech Trends in Libraries - Series Infomation
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on this page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
To check your system's compatibility with GoTo Webinar and/or download software for your computer/tablet/smartphone, see this page.
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.