You are here
Digital Badging in the Library Community
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenters: Catherine Hakala-Ausperk
- What in the world are digital badges and why should you care?
- Remember those end-of-workshop paper certificates that validated your attendance? Where are they now?
- Want to know how you can use technology to create a virtual record of achievement?
Even in today’s online world, the validation of professional growth is still critical, however small, online badges have now replaced those big, paper records in many cases. Your library can also give out badges to add validity to the programs you offer, and your staff can collect their own to demonstrate professional development and achievement.
Digital badging isn’t hard and it’s not expensive. Join Catherine Hakala-Ausperk to learn how to make digital badges work for you and your library community!
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be aware of at least three different ways that issuing digital badges can enhance library training and programming.
- Be able to design and create a branded badge template.
- Understand the four main steps in creating and sending individualized, digital badges.
This webinar will be of interest to all public library staff interested in learning how to create and use digital badging with their library’s training and programming.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Professional development, Programming, Staff development, Technology